[olug] eye strain

mØntar3 m0ntar3 at cox.net
Mon Sep 8 00:07:48 UTC 2003

set your refresh rate as high as your monitor can go... or get ocular
implants :-) my guess is that (if your monitor is in working order) that
your eye strain if from focusing the lense of you eyes on the screen,
and not necessarily the display. your eyes will get stronger (the
muscles that focus the lense), and the strain will ease. reading too
much will do the same to your eyes. i had caterac surgery a couple years
back, and now have ocular implants (silicon) where my natural eye lenses
used to be, fixed vision, no eye strain from focusing my eyes ('cuz i
can't). now, i can stare at my monitor all day without strain. w00t.

... lol. i don't recommend staring at the sun in order to get cateracs.
in my case it was bad genetics.