good registrars? (Re: [olug] Verisign is going to revive the redirect Service)

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Thu Oct 16 19:52:26 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:52:02AM -0400, thelarsons3 at cox.net wrote:
> I've been thinking that for some time now.  My domain registration is due in a few weeks.  Anyone know of a similarly priced (or cheaper) registrar with good hassle-free service?

So far, I've used Network Solutions, Register.com, Ghandi, and Directnic.
Of those four, my favorite has got to be Directnic. With directnic.net, I
can maintain multiple domains easily. If you have more than 10, you can
manage them all in bulk. Also, you can setup named namserver profiles, so
you can easily switch domains to various nameserver profiles. This is
useful for me since half of my domains use one set of nameservers, while
another half use another set. Their interface is clean, I get no spam from
them, they offer enough features for me, and they're pretty cheap.

I didn't like register.com because their price was higher and I had various
problems with them, such as them not updating things.

Ghandi was fine, but they were French and I paid in euros. Their interface
was subpar, and Directnic is just nicer to deal with and responds to
support requests much faster.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org