[olug] USB Hub works, CDR doesn't

Sam Tetherow tetherow at nicusa.com
Tue May 20 17:57:14 UTC 2003

cdrecord doesn't have a problem with multiple devices.  I've had true
scsi DVD-RAM, ide CDRW and ide DVD-RW all on the machine and cdrecord
(and dvdrecord) all handled them just fine.  I am betting it is either a
problem with ide-scsi or the USB driver. not handling either the hot
plug on the device or just dealing with the multiple devices.  If you
plug the device into the USB hub does it show in the log file or in the
/proc/bus/usb/devices file?