[olug] USB Hub works, CDR doesn't

thehaas at binary.net thehaas at binary.net
Tue May 20 17:04:24 UTC 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 08:07:03AM -0500, Trent Melcher wrote:
> HAve you tried pulling the USB card reader out and rerun the cdrecord
> -scanbus, to see if you can see your cd-rw??  If they were true scsi
> devices I would say they are set to the same SCSI ID, but of course thats
> not the case.  I wonder if there is a way to trick cdrecord into thinking
> this?  It sounds like cdrecord stops scainning once it finds a device.
> Have you checked the docs on cdrecord?  Maybe a bug, update the version,
> couple options to try.

I unplugged the card reader (which acts like a hub, so that's why there
is some confusion):

Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Cdrecord 2.01a14 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 Jörg Schilling
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
scsibus1:
	1,0,0	100) '' '' '' Removable not present Disk
	1,1,0	101) *
	1,2,0	102) *
	1,3,0	103) *
	1,4,0	104) *
	1,5,0	105) *
	1,6,0	106) *
	1,7,0	107) *

There is an alpha version of cdrecord.  I'll try that.

-- mikeh