[olug] usb device relation to scsi device

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon May 12 06:27:31 UTC 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003 18:39:24 -0500 (CDT)
"Eric Penne" <epenne at olug.org> wrote:

|mount -t usbdevfs usb /proc/bus/usb
|
|/usr/bin/usbview
|

|BINGO!!!!!

Yeah, I've been using that as well... still didn't see a usb-> scsi device
mapping... just device information.  When I plug in a hard drive as master
on the primary ide cable, I know it's hdaX for partitions.  How can I tell
what it is for usb, especially when it translates to scsi?  This just
seems like a really big problem desktop linux usage, plugging in a usb
device and not even knowing how to address it?

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru