[olug] Erros using Zonet KVM Switch

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 20:46:25 UTC 2003

Is anyone using a Zonet KVM switch with linux/bsd
boxes?

http://ohls-place.com/zonet/zonet1.htm

I've gotten a 4 port from DIT and using it to share
devices between a RH 8 box and a OpenBSD 3.2 box.

When switching to RH box to BSD box and then back, I
lose my mouse under X.  It is ps/2, but if I unplug
the connector from the KVM and put it straight into
the box, I regain control.

Meanwhile, the OpenBSD box begins to throw random
characters to the screen and the pc speakers emits
that annoying beeping sound. Yup, you know the one.

I've checked their website and there is no firmware
updates or troubleshooting database.

http://www.zonet.com.tw/

So, if I can't get it to work, I'm gonna next it and
get my refund cause its under 5 days.

Also, is anyone using KVMs between different linux/bsd
boxes and are there any problems or no problems?
cause I do want a KVM that works.

-Chris

=====
GTFG