[olug] dynamic routing for small business

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Fri Jul 25 16:28:16 UTC 2003

A small business with only one link to the internet does not need to
muck around with dynamic routing.  This is a good thing, because dynamic
routing is arcane, requires spendy hardware, and is easy to screw up.

The only time a business needs to start worrying about dynamic routing
is when they have multiple links to the internet.  In that case, dynamic
routing becomes a necessity to have traffic re-routed around if one link
fails.

Nick Walter