[olug] Unix Tip: I SED BLANK

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Sat Feb 22 06:52:34 UTC 2003

At Tue, 18 Feb 03, Unidentified Flying Banana Jeremy Bettis, said:
> Who signed olug up for this unix tip mailing list?  I find it annoying.
> If you like it so much sign up your own email, not olug at olug.org.

As someone else mentioned, this was actually done back in November.

Personally, I strongly dislike it, both because I find many of the tips
to be poor, and because I generally dislike the idea of subscribing a
whole mailing list to another mailing list.  It forces you to deal with
both mailing lists, regardless of whether you want to, or not.

The general consensus seemed to be that many people liked it, however.
And those of us who don't like them, can delete them.

The slight positive to it, is that they use a fairly regular subject
line, so simply adding a regex/filter rule to catch "[olug] Unix Tip:"
and dumping it in the spam/trash folder is fairly trivial.