[olug] Kernel upgrade knocked out sound?

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 22:00:28 UTC 2003

http://www.d.kth.se/~d98-jas/debian/debian-install-alsa.txt

> I've used this for the unstable release on my laptop
> with no problems.
>
> My bet is that you forgot to install the new alsa
> modules with dpkg -i or
> you that you are somehow no longer a member of the
> audio group.
>
> If you want to use Knoppix sources, just make sure
> that apt-get's
> sources.list file is pointing to a knoppix server
> and follow the
> instructions on the link above.  Everything should
> still work the
> same.

The reason I used this kernel, is that is has acpi
with it, which Knoppix did not have nor installed when
I did the install.

I got tired of the laptop leaving burn marks where I
set it and draining the battery a 2 hr battery in a
few minutes.

-Chris

=====
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."

-Edsger W. Dijkstra