[olug] ACPI Under Linux

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Sep 28 13:45:02 UTC 2002

Has anyone else had any experiences successes/failures with ACPI in Linux?
 I guess its like the new kind of advanced power management for
motherboards.

ACPI Project on Sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi

Do you have any more pertinent info to post Joe?

thanks
Brian

|-------------------

|---------------

|1. Installed RH7.3 (kernel-2.4.18-3)
|2. Upgraded to kernel 2.4.18-5
|3. Upgraded to kernel 2.4.18-10
|4. Rebuilt kernel turning off APM and turning on ACPI
|    Here is excerpt from .config file:
|       CONFIG_PM=y
|       CONFIG_ACPI=y
|       # CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG is not set
|       CONFIG_ACPI_BUSMGR=y
|       # CONFIG_ACPI_SYS is not set
|       # CONFIG_ACPI_CPU is not set
|       CONFIG_ACPI_BUTTON=m
|       # CONFIG_ACPI_AC is not set
|       # CONFIG_ACPI_EC is not set
|       # CONFIG_APM is not set
|5. Downloaded and installed acpid-1.0.1-1.i386.rpm
|    Verified it's running and in a sleep state.
|6. Enabled every possible BIOS ACPI restore option.
|7. Looked at /proc directory, found there was a /proc/acpi
|    directory, but nothing related to acpi under /proc/sys
|    as the documentation (acpi_howto.txt) suggests.  As experience
|    has shown, documentation doesn't bare any resemblance to what
|    I'm seeing.
|8. Found /proc/acpi directory contains only "file" called events.
|9. Found there is no option in the kernel config file to turn on
|    or off Sleep mode.
|
|HELP!
|-joe-

|--