[olug] Dazed and Confused Log message

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Thu Oct 31 22:21:10 UTC 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 03:49:56PM -0600, ktb wrote:
> Software mem checkers aren't that reliable.  I usually run "bad" memory
> in my computers till I start experiencing problems when compiling code.
> That is of course on non crit systems.

I agree with that that software mem checkers aren't all that, but if it's
going to cause serious problems, it would show up.

What's weird is that I installed Gentoo on this box, so everything was
compiled from source.  I had no problems with that.  But, when I started
banging on it with some Java stuff, it had problems -- it would lock up.
I had to reboot it cuz of lockups about five times yesterday.  Today,
when I'm hammering on it at least as hard, it's been a trooper.

Must be Halloween or something . . .

-- mikeh