[olug] Husker LUG installfest in Lincoln

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 21:45:01 UTC 2002

The Husker LUG is planning an installfest on MONDAY, NOV 4. Only 4 more
days.  I'm telling the OLUG this because I know some of you are in the
Lincoln area but not on the HLUG list.

The following message has the info:
Ok people;

The Installfest is set for next Monday, Nov. 4th, and I've already
printed
up fliers.  It will be held in the same location as last year: the
alcove in
the city campus union.  Me and Brandon are basically handling the
event, but
I'll only be there sporadically throughout the day.  Hours are 10 AM
until 7
PM.  Setup at 9:30 or so.  I'll have my machine there to burn cds if
need
be, and we could always use another one for this same purpose.  We also
need
to have someone's cool machine there to show off UT on the projector or
something.  We really really need volunteers to help out during the day
do the actual installing and troubleshooting of people's computers, so
if
you have any free time (even an hour) please stop by!   One thing I was
also
going to do was add users to the listserv.  Cleaning up after the event
will
be easy, and I'll take care of that.

So, in recap:
We really really need volunteers to help out during the day!
            This will consist of:
                        -installing linux on users' machines
                        -answering questions that people may have
                        -and in general, advocating linux to the masses
                        -oh, almost forgot about playing UT and
demonstrating other cool linux features!

Please email the list or myself if you can donate your time, computer,
cds,
or anything you feel would enrich the experience for joe user.

jfruhwirth at huskers.unl.edu

John (Russ) Fruhwirth
UNL Athletic Dept./Computing Services
402-472-2368