[olug] frustrating trying to burn CDs!

Ryan rps at willconsult.com
Fri Oct 11 13:06:24 UTC 2002

Anyone had luck burning CD's with Linux?  Here is the command I'm using:

cdrecord -v -dao speed=16 driver=mmc_cdr dev=0,0,0 \
Mandrake90-cd1-inst.i586.iso

(I gave up trying to use the gui's a few weeks ago, it kept locking up my
system)

And I think its working (finally after a lot of different stuff I tried),
but it took like an hour to burn the CD.  I wasn't around when it finished,
but after running for 10 minutes it said it had done 117 of 694 megs. It
usually took 5-10 minutes with Nero under Win98.  The burner is a Lite On
16x.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Ryan