Today's Gift from Hazelden - 3/20/02

hazeldenthought at gofast.net hazeldenthought at gofast.net
Wed Mar 20 09:46:45 UTC 2002

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:46:45 -0600

Today's thought is:
I am learning more about myself.

At first I thought Step Four was only about my guilty deeds.  I
often felt like skipping my meeting when it came around—I felt
guilty enough already without being reminded.

But I have learned that Step Four is useful for more than just
recognizing errors and faults.  I can use it to recognize my assets,
too.  It is really a tool for simply learning more about myself.  And
in recovery, I need self-knowledge.  Perhaps I'll learn that I have
more to offer than I thought.

I will write out my top two assets on cards and stick them on my
bathroom mirror.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Today's meditation comes from the book
Today I will do one thing by Tim Mc. copyright 1995
available through our online bookstore at:
http://www.hazeldenbookplace.org/store/product.asp?sku=1400

Who's in RECOVERY CHAT today?
http://www.hazelden.org/chatschedule

SerenityNow! lets you choose a meditation that's just right for you today.
http://www.hazeldenbookplace.org/serenitynow

SEND TODAY'S MEDITATION TO A FRIEND:
Brighten a friend's day by forwarding them this e-mail!
Click forward, address, and send.  Subscribe at: http://www.todaysgift.org

TO UNSUBSCRIBE
1. Click on the reply icon of your e-mail system
2.  Change the subject line to Unsubscribe, send.
(If the automatic unsubscribe function does not work for you,
FORWARD this e-mail to todaysgift at hazelden.org and tell
us you wish to unsubscribe. It is very important that we
see the address to which we have been sending you emails.)

TO CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS:
Send an e-mail to todaysgift at hazelden.org, please include
both your old and new e-mail addresses.

TO SEND US A MESSAGE:
Was today's thought especially meaningful to you? We're interested
in your feedback. To contact us, DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail. Instead,
please create a separate message and send it to todaysgift at hazelden.org.