[olug] Help! School in CB needs computer help.

Larry.Britton at i-structure.com Larry.Britton at i-structure.com
Mon Aug 26 19:53:14 UTC 2002

My 6 year old daughter just started 1st grade at Trinity Lutheran
Interparish School in CB.  I spoke with the new principal, and they lost the
guy that helped set up the small computer lab, and he has plans to connect
all the teachers in the classrooms, the office, and the computer lab.

Cox has volunteered a free internet connection, and there is cat 5 run to
almost every room.  I am going there this week, probably thursday or fri, to
do an inventory.  Each room has one PC, unknown OS, processor, memory etc.
the office has a couple pcs, the lab has 15-20 pcs, about half have
something wrong (hd bad, no sound etc.)

I'm thinking this would be a great linux project, but I have to admit my
interest is great, but the skillset is wanting.

Anyway, it's not what you know it's who ya know, and I've seen what happens
when geeks get together on a project like this( kinda like a pitbull on a
postman delivering omaha steaks)

I'm thinking along the lines of the k12linux.org projects, and I am pursuing
equipment donations.

any input/advice would be appreciated

Larry Britton