[olug] Wierdness with IPtables and upgrading kernel

Don Kauffman dkauffman at tconl.com
Wed Aug 14 22:19:19 UTC 2002

I have some wierdness going on between  the 2.4.7-10 kernel and the
2.4.9-34 kernel (from RedHat) and IPtables. (netfilter) I'm off the net
with the Linux box until I get this figured out  I have an idea thie all
might have to do with the System.map but I'm not sure. So, here goes an
attempt to express this well enough to get some help! :-)

1. I compiled the 2.4.9-34 kernel using the configuration file I saved
from when I configured and compiled the 2.4.7 version. II compiled all
netfilter as part of the kernel instead of as a module.

2. When I run the IPtables firewall shell script with 2.4.9 , I get
messages telling me that

--
Don Kauffman
Email: mailto:dkauffman at tconl.com