[olug] [OT] Jello aka OLUG social event [was: Linuxnewbie.org]

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 11:10:10 UTC 2002

--- "Timothy G. O'Brien" <IrishMASMS at netscape.net>
wrote:

> No, he did not mention the discussion regarding
> internet, electronic media, or fair use. In fact I
> think he mentioned that he still does not have an
> email address!

I don't think Jello likes computers but I believe that
he did speak at either a 2600 convetion or Defcon.
The performance is called 'Hack the Planet' is and
very good.  Doing any search on whatever peer-to-peer
file swapper should find it, but believe me, go out
and buy this guys' stuff cause he is a true artist.

> Who cares if you are under 18?!!? I have seen loads
> of “kids” (sorry) at the shows here in town – if you
> wanted to go you should have showed up!

Take my advice, I've been seeing shows for close to 15
years now.  If your underage, just show up and see if
you can pay to get thru the back door or just get
creative and see what happens.  Show hacking anyone?
:-)

> Well, the management at the Music Box is trying to
> build a good base & business, trying to improve the
> music scene in the local area and bring in some good
> bands. Hell, in the next few weeks I can recall they
> have Bob Mould and Big Head Todd. Anything to not
> having to go to the Raunch barf, IMHO!
>
> Sounds like we should start having some OLUG social
> events. Anyone up to going to see Bob Mould?

Hey Tim, I'm have tempted to go to that cause I'm a
big Husker Du/Sugar fan, and I'm not sure if others on
the list are big music fans, but I suspect some are.
That is a great idea about an OLUG night out.

-Chris

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

For help contact olug-help at olug.org - run by ezmlm
(c)1998-2002 OLUG http://www.olug.org