[olug] Musings on Meetings

Adam Haeder adamh at omaha.org
Wed Mar 7 16:38:15 UTC 2001

Jason Ferguson wrote:

> Okay,
>
> Last night's meeting went pretty well (sorry I couldnt stay for your
> presentation Matt, too much going on).

You missed it, it was a good one. We even got an Apache system working
with mod_dav and edited stuff directly from a Win98 "Web Folders" share.
Very cool.

> The last meeting at Godfather's had a rather low turnout.  Are people
> interested in moving the second meeting from the pizza place to the
> normal meeting place at Clarkson? If we do this, I need help with people
> discussing topics... one thing people dont want to do, I've noticed.
> (Consider yourself shamed).

I would have no problem having 2 meetings a month at Clarkson. Either
Sam or I can be there to open the place up. There are also plenty of
restaurants around if we want to order in.

I heard this to. What is @Home thinking?

> Im still aiming at an installlfest for the second half of April.  I have
> the Linuxcare stuff, including 30 of the new version of their business
> cards. We'll need people to volunteer their time and blank cdroms to
> burning CDs for attendees... everyone should leave with their own CD.
> Etc, etc.

I can bring my box w/ burner. I've got about 50 blank cds I can donate
to the cause.
Are there any distros I should be burning now in anticipation? Or should
we wait and see what comes out?

--
Adam Haeder
Technical Coordinator, AIM Institute