[olug] Help w/X CD Roast

Jason Ferguson jferguson3 at home.com
Thu Jun 7 16:11:21 UTC 2001

Wow! One I can help with! :)

Okay, IDE CD-RWs arent incredibly fun. Theres some kernel compilation
issues:

- One: Ensure that you have IDE-SCSI emulation enabled (Block devices,
maybe)
- Make sure you have support for SCSI CD-ROM and SCSI Generic devices

I tend to compile these in (I dont use alot of modules).

Next, edit your lilo.conf file (I assume you use lilo. I also assume
that RW Is the master on the secondary channel, /dev/hdc).

- In the block the describes what kernel is booting, add this line:

append="hdc=ide-scsi"

This SHOULD get your CD-RW ready to go.

Unfortunately, I cant get the new XCDRoast working yet...

Jason