[olug] kernel panic

Klaruz pfiled at marietta.edu
Fri Jan 19 10:27:46 UTC 2001

It's definatly a problem with linux mounting your root disk.

Did you try appending root=/dev/<your root disk>

For example, if your lilo image name for your kernel is 'linux' and root is
the first partition of the second disk, you'd type:

linux root=/dev/hdb1

Give that a shot, there's a posibility linux was trying to mount your
fat32/ntfs drive. At least that's my best guess. Have you rearanged or added
disks lately? That would probobly be the cause... Although only if /boot and
/ were on different drives.

Oh well, let me know what happens. Then we'll go from there.

PS: lilo sucks, use grub :)  (I'll shut up about grub someday, I promise)

... Daniel Pfile ... pfiled at marietta.edu ...
... The human condition is obsurd. There are only two
... sane responses to it: laughter or suicide.