[olug] ssh

Michael King morrless at home.com
Tue Jan 9 08:09:24 UTC 2001

	Well if you can connect to the port it's obviously got permission to
execute.  What most likely happened is ssh is set up to require
authentication.  Most hosts don't run it and a windoze system certainly
won't be running it so you'll be able to login but it'll deny you access and
return that error message.  Depending on which platform you're running
you'll have to find the script executing sshd and specify not to require
authentication on execution.  Once you restart the daemon everything should
run fine.  If you can tell me what OS you're running it on I can give you a
little more information as to where to find the line you need to alter.
Check "man ssh" or maybe "man sshd" for more information on more options for
the daemon as well as syntax for auth/noauth operation.