[olug] 486-33 chokes on cdrom

Mike McNally mmcnally3 at prodigy.net
Sun Jan 7 21:56:26 UTC 2001

A friend said to make sure the one harddrive was jmpr'd to master.  It
was jumperless so I tried that with all 3 possibilities of jumper setting
on the cd and that didn't help.  But he did advice me that it shoud be
able to detect the cd if I only figure out what's wrong.

On Sun 07 Jan 2001, Eric Penne wrote:

> My own little story relevant or not!  I got my hands on a DUal PPro
> server that wouldn't detect the drives on the scsi controller.  When it
> checked the CDrom is just rebooted.  The CDrom was bad.  Have you
> checked the CDrom in another machine?

yes

> BTW I received a phone call the
> next morning after getting the server from inventory.  The call was
> from the teachers college and they "accidentally" put a server in
> inventory.  BEing the nice guy I am I gave it back.

...and if Mark Martin lets me know that any sort of similar accident has
occurred, in regards to my being the recipiant of this pc, he would find
me also to BE a nice guy.

Mike McNally		mmcnally3 at prodigy.net