[olug] Data Transfer Replacement

Mike Peterson mpeterson at charles.omhcoxmail.com
Wed Dec 19 01:47:58 UTC 2001

Has anyone else in the group worked with Mlink/ACM?

Does anyone else in the have a replacement for it on Linux?

What we do is dial via modem into remote locations and send data into selected directories and receive data  from selected directories. Once the data is received we remotely delete it. This is down via a scheduling procedure inside of ACM 2 times per morning and can be demand scheduled by an operator. The Mlink package works over serial and TCP/IP connections. The ACM is a management package that sits ontop of Mlink and does the scheduling of tries and retries for each remote location. It logs the outcome also.

We are using SCO and looking to convert to Linux possibly Redhat. As of yet the maker of Mlink and ACM Computer Associates does not have a Linux port.

Any ideas to add to our current mix of ideas would be appreciated.