[olug] mod_auth_db on redhat
adamh at omaha.org
Thu Dec 13 06:39:37 UTC 2001
Got it working.
The problem did lie in the incompatible databases. The solution was to
recompile both apache (specifically the mod_auth_db modules) and DB_File
against the same Berkeley DB (in this case 3). But wait, you cry, you
already did that. Ah, so true. However, I made one small mistake:
After I recompiled apache, I did a 'make install' to put it in
/usr/local/apache. Then I mistakenly used
to restart the server. I realize now that this does not pull the old
binary out of memory and read the new binary from disk into memory (which
is what I wanted), it merely sends a SIGHUP to the already running (old)
binary. So instead I did a
and all is well.
And I'm going to bed.
Technical Coordinator, AIM Institute
adamh at omaha.org
(402) 345-5025 x115
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Adam Haeder wrote:
> OK, I forced the uninstall of db1 and db2, so now rpm -qa | grep ^db
> So now I figure I need to recompile apache so mod_auth_db uses Berkeley DB
> 3.x for sure. So I rerun configure and make and it fails because it can't
> find ndbm.h. Aha, this is required by mod_auth_dbm and was in the db1 rpm.
> No worries, I don't need mod_auth_dbm anyway. Remove it from configure and
> run make. I notice that the line "-I/usr/include/db1" no longer shows up
> in the apache make process. I make install, recreate the db auth file, and
> restart apache. Still no luck, same error.
> The problem has to be in the format that dbmmanage is writing and the
> format mod_auth_db is trying to read. I wish the "file" command would tell
> me the format of the database! I don't know how to make these tools more
> verbose to tell me what's going on.
For help contact olug-help at bstc.net - run by ezmlm
to unsubscribe, send mail to olug-unsubscribe at bstc.net
or `mail olug-unsubscribe at bstc.net < /dev/null`
(c)2001 OLUG http://www.olug.org
More information about the OLUG