[olug] RE: @home

bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Aug 27 21:24:14 UTC 2001

Just wanted to let you guys know.  Up until cable became cheaper than DSL I
was a DSL customer of Binary.net.  I got 5 static IP's from them for no
extra charge ($60/month all told), and they have very good up-time.  They
recently opened their own data-center with all the neato-cool gadgets for
24/7 uptime (like generators that can run for a week and such).   On a
personal side they are pretty easy to deal with.  My payments once got
misrouted for about 4 months and they took my word for it that I had sent
them and never shut me off.  I'm not sure about their availability in Omaha
though.

Bill

                    "Smith,
                    Daniel E."           To:     "'olug at bstc.net'" <olug at bstc.net>
                    <DESmith at West        cc:
                    .com>                Subject:     RE: @home

                    08/23/01
                    04:52 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    olug

The only thing that every one is forgetting is that in the @home contract
is
says that you are forbidden to run a server on your cable modem connection.
So If you are, they do have the right by the contract to take away your
service. I know it sucks but that is why they have the more expensive
@work,
and you can always get dsl. If you buy static ip's (about $120 a month) you
can do what ever you want.

For help contact olug-help at bstc.net - run by ezmlm
(c)2001 OLUG http://www.olug.org