[olug] Sendmail is making a fool of me.... help

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Sat Aug 18 02:52:29 UTC 2001

Jeff has already stated that connections to smtp port externally fail, and
from the netstat output, we can see why, for some reason, sendmail is not
binding to the external ip address ( be it ethernet,ppp, whatever ) but yet
only binding to 127.0.0.1  Jeff, your next step is to find out why sendmail
is not listening to any other interfaces except lo0 ( 127.0.0.1, localhost,
loopback,etc... ) what version of sendmail is this? I wonder if this is a
newer version that needs to be told to listen to all interfaces ( I lost
track of sendmail after 8.8.8 ) is this sendmail a rpm package? if so, what
distro?