[olug] Computer

Neal Rauhauser isptech at americanrelay.com
Wed Aug 15 00:19:08 UTC 2001

  Get a friend who has access to Futureware (119th & I Street) and get
the stuff there - I've bought a ton of machines from them and 99% of
their stuff is great, the 1% the had to go back was an easy return.

   Definitely build it yourself - its child's play any more with IDE
autodetect - not slicing yourself on the case is the biggest concern.

ktb wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 02:11:02PM -0500, Nathan Brown wrote:
> > My son wants me to help him buy a computer and I'm not sure where to go
> > except for DIT.  Are there other places like DIT in town?  I'm trying to
> > get him and his wife a good deal but looking at DIT website they seem to
> > be becoming more mainstream in thier pricing these days.  Is that true?
> > Is it just as good to go to best buy now?
>
> I would encourage you to build your own.  It isn't hard to do and there
> is plenty of info on the web that will lead you through it.  Look for
> parts online.  You can get some good deals.
>
> A few links to start you off.
> http://www.pricewatch.com/
> http://ebay.com
> http://www.tomshardware.com/
> kent
>
> --
>  From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted
>      First line of "The Panther" - R. M. Rilke

Neal Rauhauser CCNP, CCDP			phone: 402-951-6390
http://AmericanRelay.com			fax  : 402-951-6390
mailto:nealr at americanrelay.com			fcc  : k0bsd