[olug] RH 7.1 and FTP

LP linuxposse at home.com
Mon Aug 6 18:17:01 UTC 2001

Greetings,
         I'm experiencing a serious delay when trying to open a FTP
connection from my WinBlows desktop to my RH 7.1 box.  The delay for the
login/password prompt is taking about 30 seconds.  Of course these are
connected via Linksys Router. ( I know, I know, if I had some extra money,
I'd buy a real router.)  My concern is, it use to be instantaneous.  That
is, the login/password prompt occurred in a snap of the fingers.  My telnet
session opens that fast, it's just the FTP.  I don't have a firewall
enabled on the RH box.
I've been wrestling with this for about three weeks and I'm opening the
floor for discussion.

HELP!

Gregg