[olug] pppd is pissing me off

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Thu Apr 5 22:40:34 UTC 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:14:52 -0400 (EDT) Adam Lassek <alassek at techie.com> wrote:

> Now, when I dial into my ISP
> (using wvdial) it handshakes, connects, and then starts pppd--which promptly
> fails (error code 1). I tried upgrading pppd with no luck and I know that I
> compiled ppp support into the kernel. Can anybody tell me what could cause a
> problem like this?

Did you upgrade pppd along with the kernel??  I think pppd needs to be at
2.4.x to work with a 2.4.x kernel (obivously, the version numbers are not a
concidence).

This was one of the reason I waited for a distro that was "2.4 ready"
before I changed kernels.

MIke

--
Mike Hostetler
thehaas at binary.net
http://www.binary.net/thehaas
GnuPG key: http://www.binary.net/thehaas/mikeh.gpg

"What good is having someone who can walk on water if you don't follow
in his footsteps?"