[olug] another distro

Mark A. Martin mmartin at amath.washington.edu
Sat Oct 28 21:40:16 UTC 2000

Cheapbytes (http://www.cheapbytes.com) or LinuxMall
(http://www.LinuxMall.com) are great ways to go!  Even as a starving
graduate student and now as a starving unemployed person, I've been able
to keep up with the latest versions of distros on CD by buying from
these places.  LinuxMall is usually a little less expensive and is
located in Denver so orders from them arrive here quickly.

Another option would probably be to borrow a CD from someone in OLUG.
Enough people have fast Internet connections that people seem to be
burning the latest CDs right and left.  I also still think that, if you
have a fast Internet connection, a network installation might be the way
to go.

While we're on the topic, it seems that CDs with versions of Linux might
be a good addition to the OLUG library.  Maybe someone already thought
of this but I don't remember seeing it discussed on the list.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark A. Martin					Dept of Applied Mathematics
http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin	University of Washington