[OLUG] butt stupid redhat tricks

puzzled puzzled at home.com
Fri May 19 06:11:28 UTC 2000

<FUME>

       What the hell happened to ftp install with an account name?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

       In the good ol' days, before Redhat started to act more and more like a certain Redmond, WA
based firm I won't mention by name, the FTP install would let you pick a user ID and password to use
if you didn't have any anonymous login set up on the box where the OS CD lived. I am slowly
converting to rh6.2 and tonight I got to one of the network install only boxes. There doesn't appear
to be any method to install without having anonymous or ftp active.

      Microsoft Linux ... it may be closer than you think. There. I mentioned it. Deal with it ...

</FUME>