[OLUG] Meeting 6-18

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Wed May 31 23:44:54 UTC 2000

> How about a demo on the different Office suites available for Linux.
> (i.e. StarOffice/Applix/Corel)
> Does anyone have enough experience with any to present???  I have a
> copy of StarOffice and an old (4.2) copy of Applix (Which I never
> really used)

I have StarOffice 5.1, Applix 4.4.1, and WordPerfect 8 (don't have a copy
of WP2000 - don't want to waste the money on a potential piece of crap)

> Either that or if there is enough interest in using Palm Pilots with
> Linux I could possibly do that.

Some more ideas:

 * Show how to do some neat stuff with setting up Linux as a router
   (because someone one time asked for help setting up IP Masq aka NAT on
   Linux - dead simple btw)
 * Show off some of the neat stuff in kernel 2.3 (that's what will
   eventually become 2.4.x)

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein