[OLUG] Infotech2000

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Tue Mar 28 17:15:11 UTC 2000

Adam Haeder wrote:

> Chris Garrity wrote:
> >
> >         Trolling Omaha's Infotech page, I see that there'll be a seminar on
> > Thursday April 20, 2000, put on my one Matthew Marsh, entitled:
> >
> >          "Linux Advanced Security in a Hostile Enfironment"
> >
> >         Looks like this could be interesting enough, except for one thing:
> > what's an "Enfiroment?" ... har har
> >
> > _chris
> >
> Sorry I haven't been to the meetings in a while (or posted to the group)
> but I had to comment on this. I work for the company that puts on
> Infotech every year. We had Matthew Marsh speak last year as well (kind
> of last minute) and at some other times at different conferences. He is
> the President of Paktronix (www.paktronix.com), a linux security company
> in Omaha. He has a book coming out this summer about Linux security in
> IP based networks. He is a good speaker, VERY technical, really knows
> his stuff. I was at a security conference where he spoke last year and
> quite a bit of it went over my head, but it really gave me things to
> think about. If you can make it, it should be well worth your while.
> Paktronix also has a booth at Infotec, you can meet Matt and the other
> people he works with. They're a good group of people.
>
> --
> Adam Haeder
> Technical Coordinator, AIM Institute
> (402) 345-5025 x115
> adamh at omaha.org

I definately agree with Adam on this one.  I met Matthew and Paul
Gruenke (works with Matthew) at last years Infotec and done business
with Paktronix.  They are both great guys and will help anyone who has a
problem/question etc.  It will be well worth the stop at their booth.
John
--
John Kennedy
UNIX System Administrator

To decode go to http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you
know," PLEASE pretend you don't know me.

Your anti-Microsoft signatures for Tuesday are...

What if Bill Gates had a penny for each time a Windows computer crashed?
Oh, wait...he already does!

The first time Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck, is when
they start making vacuum cleaners.