[OLUG] Infotech2000

Adam Haeder adamh at omaha.org
Tue Mar 28 16:58:26 UTC 2000

Chris Garrity wrote:

>         Trolling Omaha's Infotech page, I see that there'll be a seminar on
> Thursday April 20, 2000, put on my one Matthew Marsh, entitled:
>
>          "Linux Advanced Security in a Hostile Enfironment"
>
>         Looks like this could be interesting enough, except for one thing:
> what's an "Enfiroment?" ... har har
>
> _chris

Sorry I haven't been to the meetings in a while (or posted to the group)
but I had to comment on this. I work for the company that puts on
Infotech every year. We had Matthew Marsh speak last year as well (kind
of last minute) and at some other times at different conferences. He is
the President of Paktronix (www.paktronix.com), a linux security company
in Omaha. He has a book coming out this summer about Linux security in
IP based networks. He is a good speaker, VERY technical, really knows
his stuff. I was at a security conference where he spoke last year and
quite a bit of it went over my head, but it really gave me things to
think about. If you can make it, it should be well worth your while.
Paktronix also has a booth at Infotec, you can meet Matt and the other
people he works with. They're a good group of people.

--
Adam Haeder
Technical Coordinator, AIM Institute
adamh at omaha.org