[OLUG] Linux install on a Toshiba Tecra 500CDT

Jonathan Cohn JCohn at culaw.creighton.edu
Mon Jan 17 20:08:18 UTC 2000

	I'm having trouble getting x to run on my toshiba tecra 500CDT using
Redhat linux 6.1.  As you may have guessed, I would really like to
get the install finished.  I have found several sites on the web with
suggested XF86Config files and have tried tweaking mine to no avail.

	While I am an experienced user of windoz and the net (been on since
1991 when you could just call into UNO and type TELNET ip.address)
but I'm new to linux and need some help on this one.  I missed the
most recent users group meeting and I really don't want to wait a
month before figuring this out.

	If anyone would be willing to help me get this working, I'll gladly
by you dinner and offer you rabid praise.  Thanks for any help.  You
can call me at 968-8865 or email me at jmc4 at email.byu.edu.

Jonathan Cohn

p.s. my tecra 500CDT is a 120 pentium with 48 meg of ram and 2meg of
video memory.