[OLUG] Hung Process - Getting ugly

Daniel Pfile pfiled at marietta.edu
Sun Feb 27 04:54:44 UTC 2000

what 2.2.x kernel are you using? It looks like there was alot of people
having this same problem on the kernel lists, but it seemed to taper off
around 2.2.8... not that that means anything. the problem appears to be
related to some sort of bug in disk access. there were some test programs
posted along with some patches for older 2.2 kernels. in one post linus
said he would not include the patches but that was for 2.2.2 i think.

check out www.google.com/linux with some keywords about your problem, d
state, hung, stuck, proceses, 2.2, etc maybe you can get a better vibe
than me seeing as you know c and all.

# Daniel Pfile        # I have no cool signature.
# pfiled at marietta.edu # Finger for free illegal software.