[OLUG] Opinions

Drazak drazak at omega.moongate.net
Wed Feb 16 00:05:08 UTC 2000

Im in the process of taking 8 different companies web sites(all hosted at
different ISP's)  and moving them to a single server(mine).  Im trying to
decide if it would be better to assign all 8 different companies (all with
different .com addresses, Ill control the DNS) to the same IP and then use
host headers to determine which virtual site the incoming traffic is
destined for, or if all 8 sites should have their own IP address.  The
reason I ask is that I am running low on IP addresses.

I know certain older browsers dont support host headers, but I dont have a
clue which ones or what percentage of traffic that would be.  What would
be the recommendation of those who have dealt with this scenario before?
I dont mind using 8 extra IP's if it will be easier or avoid problems.

Thanks much,

_Drew