[olug-colo] Meeting tomorrow evening?

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 00:48:36 EDT 2009

Thanks to everyone who could make it to the meeting.  We had a nice
turnout for the initial planning meeting and it greatly helped to have
everyone in the same room on the same page.

As Brian stated he'll have his notes put up soon, but in the meantime
here's a quick list of what we did:

1)  We broke into working groups to divide and conquer the planning
process.  So far we have a Legal team, a Fundraising team, a
Budget/Pricing team and a Physical Infrastructure (hardware, location,
etc) team.  Each team will work on getting everything figured out for
their department and every two weeks we'll have a little all-hands
meeting like we did tonight and present what we've found out working
in our teams.

2)  We're still awaiting hard numbers from Pinpoint.  We'll begin the
process of looking to other providers to see if we can have our needs
met at a reasonable price point.  So far we've considered CoSentry,
Cox, Pinpoint and leasing private office space.  If anyone knows of
any other possible locations, feel free to throw the idea out there.
We need all the help we can get.

3)  There was off and on discussion of bandwidth and the extortionate
prices we'd end up paying.  We discussed possible providers, and that
list currently includes Cogent, Cox and Qwest.  Unfortunately what
really limits our connectivity options is where our actual location
will be.  Again, if anyone has any suggestions, we'd love to hear
them.

In the next hour or so I'll be posting more specific information on
the forums regarding numbers 2 and 3.  Again, thanks to everyone who
could make it (including those who tried.  ;)  We'll give better
directions next time.  Promise.)

-Dan