[olug-colo] IRC policy

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sat Apr 4 00:43:18 EDT 2009

On Friday 03 April 2009 08:36:58 pm Phil Brutsche wrote:
> No piracy of media (music, movies) or software

When speaking in legalese, I do know this must be called "copyright
infringement". ;)

> Make it clear that we will cooperate with law enforcement
>
> Make it clear that we will have no qualms about disconnecting
> misbehaving "clients"

However, I think also important is that we don't go snooping/investigating on
our own, and require law enforcement to follow proper procedures (subpoenas,
etc).

The datacenter I deal with in Connecticut pulled the plug on my server when I
got attacked by a (non-distributed) DoS. This annoyed me a great deal, and I
think it would be a good idea to adopt a "minimum intervention" policy for
such circumstances (the correct solution to the DoS problem, implemented by
the datacenter when I proposed it, was to null route the one IP being
targetted and allow the other IPs to go on working)