[olug] Employers Wanting RHCSA Trained Candidates

Jared Bernard jared.bernard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 14:39:44 CST 2021

Sorry if this is OT.

Metro has an opportunity to get WIOA and GAP funding for Red Hat Academy
(RHCSA) training which would provide individuals who currently can't afford
it an opportunity to get certified.

One condition to getting this funding requires at least 2-3 local employers
to acknowledge that they *may* be interested in students coming from that
program. There is absolutely *NO obligation* for that employer to hire or
interview. MCC would simply inform the businesses when students have
completed the program. This will probably happen once or twice a year.
Again, *NO obligation* to hire or interview.

If your employer or if you know of any employer that may be interested
please let me know and I can provide other details.

I'm really passionate about this. There are so many people trying to get
the skills to work in IT, or trying to move up in their career or change
careers and these programs can help.

Thanks,

Jared Bernard