[olug] [OT] Any recommendations for a good hobbyist soldering station?

Ben Watson bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:56:06 UTC 2012

I know they're a little pricey, but I've never run into a problem with
Pace soldering stations.  They're high quality with temperature
control.  You can get really crazy with some of their setups (e.g.
digital calibration, multi-channel/iron, desoldering, etc.) and spend
thousands, or you can get an entry-level unit for under $200.  It is a
brand I'd recommend if you're going to be doing a lot of soldering.
I've had the same unit for almost 15 years now and it is still running
strong.

http://www.techni-tool.com/612SO528

Ben