[olug] Nagios or ?

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:09:28 UTC 2011

When I downloaded Nagios source a few years ago, it included some good
templates that we used in a copy-paste-change fashion. However, while
it included dependencies, a network switch failure gave you one
notification instead of many, when you went to the status board, it
would tell you that many things are down.

It can monitor windows, but I don't remember if it monitored the event
log or what. I do know that we were using it for process
presence/alert if absent.