[olug] Proxy & Linux

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Mar 18 21:19:50 UTC 2009

Using "netstat -lnp" will show the process that is listening on that port.

Are you suspecting a root-kit on your system, or did something get installed
that has proxy capabilities that you want to confirm are disabled? (Or
something else?)

Dan

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Shannon <ridgid at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did some testing with ipcop in a vm, if I enabled the proxy I could see
> netstat -ln  showed that port 1024 would be used when I had squid running.
> also with netstat -p .. squid showed up in the list

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)