[olug] Scripting

Klaruz pfiled at marietta.edu
Sat Nov 18 07:51:15 UTC 2000

You may want to take a look at proftpd with ldap support. You'd have the
added advantage of being able to manager your users in more of a 'real'
database (OpenLDAP), and not have to worry about them having regular access
to the system through any other way. You could even make them share the same
uid/gid if you had to. I'm not sure what type of system you're setting up,
but there are alot of options with ldap. Oh yah, and I'd go with proftpd
anyway, it's way fast, and very configurable, and there aren't tons of
security holes that show up every month.

-- Daniel