[olug] Home monitoring options

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Nov 17 16:14:41 CST 2023

I'll make this quick. :-)

I would like to put in something that is simple to maintain like ab Amazon
Ring doorbell camera, or a security camera monitor in my house.

Balancing the "Big Brother" security concerns with the need to meet a
"Spousal Acceptance Factor" level, I'm not 100% against Amazon or Google
options, and I like some of their integrations with other home automation
tools.

If there's a simple to set up and low maintenance open source option with
local control over the videos, I'd be tempted to go that route.

I need to check out the system that Jeff Geerling has mentioned on his
channel, but anyone else have other suggestions?

DanL