[olug] How can I sever IPtables established connections for only certain IPs?

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Tue May 23 11:01:56 CDT 2023

... even more efficiency: what happens if, ten minutes after you disable
the IPs, you switch to a third ruleset where the IPs are disabled AFTER
the "established,related" line? So hopefully all those established
connections will have been broken in those ten minutes, and then you can

Side note, I switched to nftables a couple years ago, and I've been very
happy with it. There's a learning curve, but it's not that terrible. I
don't know that there's any advantage for your particular scenario, but
it seems to be what they want us to use instead of iptables, and so it
feels like bowing to the inevitable.