[olug] Researching the Origin Story

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:33:34 CST 2023

How old is this group?   We're coming up on 25 years of OLUG, and I'm
looking for the date that we started.   The first two clues we've found are:
-  The oldest email I can find on the mailing list archive is from
September 8, 1999.
-  Christopher Cashell did some digging in the Wayback machine.   He found
pages from May 29th, 2000, but they have a copyright notice on the page for
1998-1999.

If you remember any events around the founding of OLUG,   please respond to
the list.   Seems like a 25th-anniversary party is in order!

Thanks!
Dave
--
Dave Thacker