[olug] Meeting Tonight! Oct 6 at 6:30pm

Trent Melcher trentm at trackd.run
Fri Oct 9 03:04:12 CDT 2020

Watched the YouTube stream of the meeting, Jitsi looks like a decent
conferencing platform.

Great info on the RHCSA prep, looks like Red Hat hasn't really changed much
in their exam procedures in 10 years. Back then I took their week long
bootcamp and got my RHCE on RHEL 5. The exam was a total of 4 hours, and
that included the RHCSA and RHCE.  Seems now alot of what it took to be an
RHCE back then, you must know just for the RHCSA now.

Best advice the bootcamp instructor gave us: "practice - do every objective
multiple times until it's second nature, and know how to use the man pages
if you do get stuck".

So every night after class, that's what I did. Practiced what we covered in
class over and over for another couple hours. And with that was able to
pass the exam on the first attempt.

Seems the right now with testing being all virtual definitely adds another
level of complexity to the whole exam process and I could see that
stressing some folks out.

Trent