[olug] restricting ports on SSH forwarding

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Thu May 28 18:40:57 CDT 2020

So SSH forwarding is a dandy way to get data to travel back and forth
over a secure encrypted connection.  The only problem I'm aware of is,
if I open up SSH port forwarding on my server to allow access to port
11111, there's nothing stopping a user from using the same SSH
connection get at port 22222.

... or is there?  Any thoughts on how to limit the port forwarding on an
SSH connection?  In particular I'm using freeSSHd on a Windows server,
so if anyone knows anything about that, that would help.