[olug] Tesla PowerWall for server room battery backup

Reiners Cloud Consulting LLC justin at reiners.io
Thu Oct 24 14:47:41 CDT 2019

Not saying a *new* liebert :) We can't buy new anything. If we could pay
for used cloud we would :)

We spent about $4000 for batteries direct from manufacturer, and Liebert
has no problem working on it, they actually had to come in and config the
software for us when we swapped batteries, they guy that installed
batteries 10 years ago forgot to set the pack voltage correctly. I've got a
contact in CB that might be able to find a huge UPS used if you are
interested.

Cox phones are down? Yikes, Flowroute is working great :) We're getting
ready to leave Cox Fiber, they are awfully proud of it pricewise.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 2:40 PM Rob Townley <rob.townley at gmail.com> wrote:

>  We have a big empty roof that just might have solar cells someday.
>
> There are definitely known problems and the unknown with Tesla.  For one,
> I am not liking any dependency on the cloud.  From what i understand, if
> the internet drops, there is a local embedded webpage that one could
> manually use to give details on remaining power.  Does not appear the app
> would automatically start using WiFi to get to that local webpage,
> however.   I doubt even a buzzer alarm goes off when utility power dies.
>
> Tesla batteries have a built-in ten year warranty.  Liebert would charge
> about six thousand for about half that time.
>
> Since I am not currently a Tesla owner, the Tesla forums
> <https://forums.tesla.com/> only allow me to post replies to existing
> questions, not initiate a new one.
>
> p.s. COX Telephone is down city wide+.
>
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 1:57 PM Justin Reiners <justin at hotlinesinc.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Don't get me wrong, I love love love Tesla, EV's, and Lithium, I'd just
> > hate to have you still need a UPS to safely shut down systems when the
> > power went out, or reinvent the wheel.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM Justin Reiners <justin at hotlinesinc.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Lack of shutdown notifications and the price would be a factor in me
> >> looking for another device, We're using a 10KVA and 15KVA older Lieberts
> >> for our building. I really like them, we got them used from a recycler a
> >> few years ago, and just replaced the batteries recently in the 10KVA
> after
> >> 10 years, it still had half hour backup power.

> 5kW

Justin Reiners
Reiners Cloud Consulting LLC
I'm happy to be your local Omaha distributor for 3CX and SimpleHelp!
Contact me for info.